Danielle of Where I Intended to Be and I are at about the same point in our adoption journey. She gave me this Beautiful Blogger Award which has really served as a pick me up as I sit here childless in the frozen tundra.
SO here are the rules:
1) Thank the person(s) who nominated you for this award
2) Copy the award and place it in your blog
3) Link to the person(s) who nominated you for this award
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers and link to their blogs.
So Seven Interesting things about me. Hmm. Well, we'll see how interesting these items are!
1) I collect state map postcards. I only need to get Delaware to complete my collection.
2)I was very involved in 4-H as a child and teen. I was a state record book winner (big deal) and went to the National 4-H Congress. I was also one of two youth nation wide who attended a Master Communicator conference.
3) I bought my first home by myself at age 21 and opened my own business.
4)I've driven to west on I-80 to CA 6 times but I've only driven it back east once.
5) I fell in love with France when I was 15 and visited Annecy during high school.
6) I long to move to the country (even though I only live in town of 5,000 people).
7) I apparently make kick ass pumpkin and chocolate pecan pies even though I don't like (and won't taste) either of them.
I'm not sure who to nominate for this award. It looks like it's been making the rounds.
So (I say that a lot) on the adoption front.....
NADA. Just like the previous months. Valentine sex, resulting accidental pregnancies have to be coming to light right? Ground hog day misadventures? ST Patty's is coming up that's got to be good for drunken unprotected sex right?
The pregnant girl (for whom I'm taking over for during maternity leave) last day was today. She's got a scheduled c-section for Friday. I'm not excited to be taking over her work but I am glad not to have her big belly and swollen breasts mocking me on a daily basis.
C'est la vie I guess.
Social workers a kind of nice
7 years ago