I knew it was going to happen at some point. I just knew.
Over the weekend I got a FB from MC asking for money. They "have no one else to turn to". They wanted to borrow $100 until they get their tax refund.
Mr H was gone. I decided to ignore it. I was (and still am) nauseous about it.
Thank God our adoption is final. I can't imagine the panic I would be feeling if it weren't.
Hours later I got a text from the birthfather asking if I got the FB message.
It's almost a week later. I haven't heard anything else from them.
They entrusted me with their child for life. How can I say no? But how could I possibly say yes?
Have any of you been in this situation? What would you do? How would you react?
Social workers a kind of nice
7 years ago