Thursday, June 11, 2009

We're back

We are back from our family vacation to Yellowstone and Glacier. It was a heckuva drive and a great trip. I was really worried about that much non-stop family time but it worked out ok. The kids go to their mother tomorrow night until the middle of August.

On the adoption front: I got a corrected notarized copy of the homestudy today.

I/we HAVE to get out birthmother letter/profile done this week. We leave on another trip next Saturday and I want to be active before we leave.

Against my better judgement I already wrote a birthmother letter before I had specific criteria. I'm very happy with the letter and very grateful to Karen for all her insight. Thank you!!!! However, it's not what the facilitator wants to it's practically back to the beginning.

Looks like lots has been happening while we were gone...I'm trying to get caught up with all you! I missed you and thought about you lots!

3 comments:

  1. Man, that's too bad! Why doesn't it work for the facilitator? Good luck with your next draft. :) Glad that the family vacation went well. I kow how stressful those can sometimes be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer! Hope what she wants isn't too far afield. Glad you had a great trip AND that you'll have some alone time as a couple for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip! Too bad you have to start over on the letter, but maybe you can draw some good stuff from what you've already written. Get it done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete