Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One down

So it's one month (and 5 days but who's counting) since our profile went active. I wonder how active it really is? We're not supposed to check with her until month 2. I've been trying not to think about it. I've joined a yahoo group of women that are involved in another project I'm involved with. They spend a lot of time talking about their children (mostly little ones) and I'm feeling left out. I haven't really felt like that before. Two of them have newborns. One struggles with infertility. One is a know it all. One's husband it getting a vasectomy and another is getting her tubes tied. I would never do either of the last two. (I realize I couldn't get a vasectomy lol). I tried to make the point that you never ever know what is going to happen in life and that fertility is fragile. One said "well we're just going to have him freeze sperm". Like it was a simple solution. I again tried to make the point of frozen sperm = IUI or IVF which does NOT always = baby. Talking to brick walls! I have a couple of friends that always ask how the adoption is going. That makes me happy that they ask.

3 comments:

  1. One month down, hopefully not long to go! I hate when people talk about fertility and having kids like its just a walk in the park. I cant see it as anything else other than an absolute miracle now that I know everything that really goes into it (and have yet to experience it). I pretty much have to remove myself from those situations because its like talking to a brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. The waiting is the hardest and most frustrating. After dealing with infertility, as if that's not enough, we now have to wait for an adoption match and there are just so many variables. I hope you hear something quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. H - Just discovered your blog this evening and want to wish you the best as you move forward in your adoption. Very soon I'm sure you'll be joining in all the child chatter in your Yahoo group! Sending lots of good energy your way!

    ReplyDelete