Thursday, April 22, 2010

Home again

We had a fun filled whirl wind of a weekend in NYC! If I lived there I would totally spend all my money on theater tickets. There were so many shows and so many that I wanted to see!

We went to Mary Poppins (awesome!) and A little Night Music with Catherine Zeta Jones and Angela Lansbury. I was within inches of CZJ when she went in the stagedoor before the play. It was a total accident. She is skinny skinny skinny and gorgeous! We ate lots, walked lots, and slept late. It was a nice break.

City wide garage sales are this weekend. Last year a got a huge load of baby stuff, a changing table and lots more. I don't think I can bear to go this year.

I gave up Facebook for Lent. Now that I'm back I see a lady that runs and adoption support group I'm part of got the call and her son arrived while I was gone. Although I'm happy for her I can't help being jealous and sad for me. Human nature I guess. They had already gone through one disruption a few months back, too. How is it they were matched twice and we haven't even been matched once? ugh. I told the girls at work I was over "the whole adoption thing".

It's not true though.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the wait sucks...we've been waiting over 9 months and no match. I'm feeling pretty good about things right now but a couple months ago I was on a major rant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you had fun in NYC, I too would be a total theater junkie. I just cant help myself...
    Neat brush with fame with CZJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool to have a celebrity sighting in NYC! I am jealous of your trip, sounds like a blast :) I think you should definitely yard sale again this summer...it will be much easier to do it alone than lugging baby in and out of the car all morning the way you might be doing next summer.

    ReplyDelete