Saturday, May 21, 2011

Random Thoughts



Hey everyone! We do still live and breathe over here (and squirm and shriek and giggle and cry). Heath is doing awesome although he has a hacking cough currently. Hopefully, it's a cold and not allergies. The pollen count is out of control in these parts.






  • I'm really working to get him to say "mama". I will be crushed if he says "papa" first. Mr H has already had 4 chances at that. This appears to be my only chance.



  • Heath's birthmom has lots going on. I'm concerned she's going to move and we're going to lose contact with her. i try to write things down for and save pictures she posts for Heath in case that does happen.



  • I see she's sold the bed we bought her - which of course is her right, it's her bed but I'm annoyed because getting the damn thing was a three week and very costly drama last summer.



  • Heath is allergic to fruit. Every single thing I've given him has caused blotches on his face and head. We'll try again in a few months.



  • He's eating 1 to 2 containers of Gerb.er stage one veggies a day. He's still drinking probably 40 oz of formula and is having a handful of puffs.



  • He loves to stand and to bounce. Of course he can't do any of those unaided.



  • MC hasn't asked for a visitation and she's got so much going on right now that I don't think it's a good time. I'm not sure if I'm the one that should suggest visits or if it's up to her. I realize there's no rules or guidelines. It's kind of like with Mr H's kids' mother I don't feel it's my job to enforce visits with her. ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that BMom has so much going on, and I hope that you are able to maintain the relationship. As for visits, we always initiate it -- suggest a time that works for us, and they are always eager and happy for it. In our relationship, they put it in our court I think not so we are "responsible" for it but so that we have control over it.

    As far as fruit allergies -- bummer. :-( But there are so many vegetables out there to try. And since his nutrition is really coming from his formula, waiting on fruit is fine. As I'm sure you know, right now is about experimenting with tastes and textures.

    ReplyDelete