Thursday, September 30, 2010

He's Here!

Mr and Mrs H are proud to announce the arrival of Baby H!

I can't believe it! We got here at 3:41 am on the 29th. 6#13 oz, 20 inches long. He arrived at 9:54 am. He was delivered by the anthologist! MC went from 6cm to "omg he's here, he's here I have to push!"

"You can't push you're at 6"

"NO HE'S HERE - I HAVE TO PUSH"

"you can't...."

I'm looking down there, I gulp (and gag a little...i mean ewwwww) and sure enough...He was here! He shot outta there like a canon after a tiny quarter of push.

I was all teary and sniffling..It was disgusting and awesome at the same time! He was covered in the stuff (which I'm too tired to think of). They had a hard time getting it all off him. MC didn't want to see him right away...she was in a lot of pain. They did the initial assessment, I cut the cord, i went to get the fathers....stepped out of the room for 3 secs and then had to get into fight with an old lady nurse/gatekeeper to get back in there. She was misinformed about how MC wanted to see him. I got back in with Mr H. The birthfather had gone to the restroom. The old lady had taken off with the bassinette so the anesthesiologist wrapped him up tight, scooped him off, and sprinted down the hall to the other side of the birthing center to our room where further assessments were made.

I'm in love...it wasn't instant. It was weird at first. I'm looking at this baby looking at me looking at him! It's 135 am now and they've got him in the nursery doing a bath and his 2nd 8 hour assessment.

Everything is going great with the birthparents. It's been very, very special. Sweet and heart wrenchingly wonderful.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! I had anticipatory chills reading how things unfolded.

    Congratulations, mama!

    http://itiswhatitisorisit.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS! Oh the wonderful days ahead when that love grows so fast you aren't sure you are capable of it getting any stronger...and then it does. :-) I remember my placement like it was yesterday. I am SO happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mom! That is wonderful news! I hope everything continues to go smoothly for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - exciting news! I hope all goes well in the days ahead. I'm sending positive thoughts your way - take care of yourself and grab sleep when you can! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopped in to say congratulations!!! Seeing my daughter was weird at first too, I just stared at her for a very long time, I don't think my mind could process it. But it's wonderful and amazing and oh the best times are to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!I am so happy fo ryou! I cant wait to hear all about him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm crying tears of joy for you, I pray everything continues to go smoothly! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    Yay yay yay yay!!!
    *cartwheels*

    Dear MAMA H... so happy, so excited for you. Keeping the best of thoughts that BABY H comes home.

    --A

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you guys, what an amazing whirlwind of emotions you guys must be experiencing. Soak up the incredible joy of this moment & every minute with your new son!
    ~LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  11. We got back from vacation today and I am starting to catch up on blogging...Congratuations! Hope everything is going well and you are able to head home soon.

    ReplyDelete