Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nothing Happening Here

That's right. NADA. C will be back in the office in Monday so I'll touch base with her since I haven't heard from the graphic artist with our completed letter.

Mr H is in the Philippines for two weeks so it's just dog and me hanging out here. I've been staying busy and depending on my friends to help keep me occupied.

When I first started reading adoption blogs I thought it was CRAZY when I found out about breast feeding an adopted child. It just seemed nuts! But now I find myself thinking I want to do it. I've added researching (and emailing some of you) onto my to do list for this next week.

More people are getting matched! My favorites list of people still waiting is getting smaller and smaller!

4 comments:

  1. i did the whole pumping for a while in hopes of breast feeding an adopted chiild. unfortunatly its something i couldnt keep up with due to my schedule so my new goal is to make my own baby food:) its totally worth a try tho so i saw go for it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to be able to breastfeed. I just saw a lactation consultant last Thursday and started my med regiment this week. So, feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer. She told me we should be able to tell if it's going to work or not within a month. If it doesn't look good in a month...then it's a no go. :( But I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask me any questions about breastfeeding you want. I did the Newman-Goldfarb protocol, and am getting a little milk now (have had my baby for 2 weeks). I'll let you know how it all goes ... it's hard, but when the milk spurts out, it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same thing about BF...weird how I would definitely BF if I had a bio, but I've dismissed it when we started thinking about adoption. But now I'm opening up to the thought again. Good luck with the research...

    ReplyDelete