Sunday, February 22, 2009

Searching, Searching

Mr H is down in the basement going through our myriad of Rubbermaids looking for our 2007 tax return for our home study. I'm waiting for my mom to email me with the year I started school (I'm not sure) and math isn't my strong point so counting backwards isn't the best bet. I also need her to tell me her and dad's degrees and dates. It seems like some of this stuff is beyond goofy for the need to know. I'm sure it will get worse!

Mr H talked to his parents (as he does every Sunday) and his dad made what I would assume is our first negative comment. They were talking about the progress we're making on the adoption and where the babies come from and his dad says something to the effect of "to each his own". Lovely.

Thanks to everyone that's come over to say hello. Knowing others are out there going through the same things really helps. None of my friends can relate.

I haven't revealed many of our personal details yet. I'm not sure why that is. I have another blog where I blog about all our regular day stuff. I haven't given friends and family this address yet. I think it's because I'm scared we won't pass the home study and I don't want everyone I know knowing that I'm a failure as a mother before I even get a baby. Ridiculous I know!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs H- I say to keep this blog private. I've only revealed my blog to one close friend and it has helped me be more honest and truthful. A blog (especially an adoption blog) shouldn't have to be censored.

    P.S.- You will be home study approved. No worries! You may feel overwhelmed right now, but they're just hoops they make you jump through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep mine private from almost all in my "real" life...I shared it with my sister-in-law, but that's it. I don't feel like I have to watch what I write with her.

    Ditto on what Reggie posted....it's a lot of hoops, but you'll get through it and be officially waiting soon!

    ReplyDelete